Founded in September 1965, Simon Fraser University (SFU) is a public research university located in British Columbia, Canada. SFU is the first Canadian member of the world’s largest college sports association, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, it is also a member of multiple national and international higher education, including the International Association of Universities, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, and Universities Canada.
Simon Fraser University is composed of Faculty of Applied Sciences, Beedie School of Business, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Environment, Faculty of Health Sciences, and the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
The Major Entrance Awards gives the chance to international students to pursue their studies at Simon Fraser University. Some of the offered awards are funded by the university, and others are funded through the generosity of the SFU donors.
- Host Country: Canada.
- Host University: Simon Fraser University, Canada.
- Scholarship level: Masters & PhD.
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award.
- Scholarship Worth: $21,000.
- Application Deadline: Ongoing.
Major Entrance Awards:
- Arthur and Ancie Fouks Graduate Entrance Award in Public Service: offered for outstanding students applying to enter a Master’s or PhD program at Simon Fraser University, and who can demonstrate a high level of public service.
- Bert Henry Memorial Graduate Entrance Scholarship: offered for students with outstanding academic records, who already have a master’s degree or are about to complete a master’s degree and will enter a Full-time doctoral program at SFU at the beginning of the scholarship’s program.
- Faculty of Science Graduate Entrance Scholarship: Provided annually for excellent graduate students coming from the University of the Fraser Valley to SFU and entering an MSc program in the Faculty of Science.
- Graduate Deans Entrance Scholarship: offers multi-year funding to excellent incoming PhD domestic and international students. The GDES is valued at up to $21,000 for up to 4 years at the doctoral level.
- Kruger Products Bicultural Graduate Entrance Fellowship: Offered for entering graduate students who have completed a previous degree at a university in the Province of Quebec.
- Provost International Fellowship: Offered to outstanding international students who are entering a graduate program at Simon Fraser University and who have received an award from their homeland to pursue their studies abroad.
- Provost Prize of Distinction: Offered for new, outstanding students starting their graduate program at Simon Fraser University with Tri-agency or equivalent funding.
- SFU Alumni Association Graduate Entrance Scholarship: Offered for master’s or Ph.D. students enrolled full time in a research graduate program.
- Simons Foundation Doctoral Entrance Fellowship: Offered for outstanding, entering female Ph.D. students with excellent academic records and whose research work has the potential for significant contributions to society.
- Special Graduate Entrance Scholarship: A one or two-term scholarship, normally valued at between $1,000 and $10,000. This scholarship aims to encourage outstanding applicants who are considering other institutions to apply for SFU.
How To Apply:
Students don’t apply for these scholarships, in most cases, as they are by nomination only, which means they need to be nominated by the Graduate Program Chair of their new academic unit.